Time & Location
May 06, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the event
Being in nature is good for your health and well being.
Sharing nature based experiences with other people can lead to a deeper connection with the earth and significant gains in mental/physical health.
Nature School will meet once a month for 6 months. Can't make one of the dates? No worries, all the topics will repeat so catch up next time.
Each meeting will have a topic for discussion, a time for connecting to the earth with breathing exercises, activity to practice the topic of the week and time for working in our nature journals.
Nature School Topics
- Connecting with nature using all of your senses. Creating nature journals.
- Leave No Trace principles for protecting the environment while enjoying nature
- Creating in nature- exploring nature based crafting
- Safety and awareness while exploring in nature
- Hiking 101 and Intro to Geaocaching. How to use AllTrails app and trail etiquette
- Stargazing and the night sky (this meeting will be in the evening) Maybe campout?
All supplies and equipment provided but please bring water and dress for the weather. We will meet rain or shine unless severe weather is predicted.
Locations for each meeting will be emailed a week before according to the weather, trail conditions etc.