Sat, May 06|
Location is TBD
Nature School- Creating in Nature Exploring Nature Based Crafting
Time & Location
May 06, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the event
Being in nature is good for your health and well being.
Sharing nature based experiences with other people can lead to a deeper connection with the earth and significant gains in mental/physical health.
Nature School will meet once a month for 6 months. Can't make one of the dates? No worries, all the topics will repeat so catch up next time.
Each meeting will have a topic for discussion, a time for connecting to the earth with breathing exercises, activity to practice the topic of the week and time for working in our nature journals.
Monthly Nature School Topics
- March 11th- Connecting with nature using all of your senses. Creating nature journals.
- April 8th -Hiking 101 and Intro to Geaocaching. How to use AllTrails app and trail etiquette
- May 6th- Creating in nature- exploring nature based crafting
- June 3rd- Safety and awareness while exploring in nature
- July 1st- Leave No Trace principles for protecting the environment while enjoying nature
- July 28th Stargazing and the night sky (this meeting will be in the evening) Maybe campout?All supplies and equipment provided but please bring water and dress for the weather. We will meet rain or shine unless severe weather is predicted.
Locations for each meeting will be emailed a week before according to the weather, trail conditions etc.
Nature School- Hiking 101
This week we will be learning how to use the AllTrails app, intro to Geocaching and trail etiquette.$15.00+$0.38 service fee
Nature School- all 6 Classes
Save $30 by enrolling in all 6 Nature School Classes. These classes will rotate so if you can't make one of the dates, it will come back around. April 8th- Hiking 101/Intro to Geocaching May 6th- Creating in Nature. Exploring nature based crafting June 3rd- Safety and Awareness while exploring in nature July 1st- Leave No Trace principles for protecting the environment July 28th- Star Gazing and the night sky. Maybe overnight campout?$59.00+$1.48 service fee